Monday, June 7, 2010

Cravings...

Before I had been separated from my home for a significant amount of time, I never realized how important comfort food was to me. When I thought of traditional comfort food, it conjured images of cheddary mac n’ cheese, fluffy, buttery mashed potatoes, or a fat piece of layered chocolate cake. Because those types of foods have never played a big role in my diet or comfort for that matter, it didn’t really cross my mind that I would be craving foods like I am now. Although I still don’t miss those American mashers, it’s disgraceful to think about what I would do right now for a grilled veggie burrito or a salad roll with extra peanut sauce. In fact, I’ve been planning my first meal home for quite sometime, but unfortunately, my arrival time was postponed a few hours, and those great plans for Laughing Planet and Sweet Basil have gone out the window, which brings us the moral of our story. I was wondering if any of my five, oh-so-dedicated followers knew of a Mexican and/or Thai restaurant in Portland open late on Fridays (I’m thinkin’ I could make it if they’re open until midnight). If not, I’m sure could get my mommy to pick some up before she comes to the airport, but I think I’ll be wanting the stuff right out of the oven.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you--Francesca gets home after midnight, and has to wait until the next day for her Mexican fix! How late will you be in? Por Que No is open only until 10, so you might be as stuck as Fran. When are you getting back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are food carts on hawthorne that are open until 3 am....theres a mexican one, a crepe one, and a pizza one, and i think also a french frie cart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! i just got around to reading your blog after eurotour. dude. oregon salmon. a real hamburger. it is disgraceful the lengths i would go to now for either of those.
    i'm sorry you're getting back late. i get back at 11:40am leaving me all day to indulge. i'm psyched.
    good luck finding your mexican and/or thai food. my vote? bribe a friend that cooks. lol.

    ReplyDelete